Who can book this outdoor kitchen?
The Cob Kitchen can be used by individuals for family use, community organizations who wish to host an event or program as well as businesses.
What steps do I need to take?
1st: Contact the Cob Kitchen coordinator by email to see if your date is available: email@example.com
2nd: Complete and submit an Application Form
3rd: Learn about mandatory Insurance coverage
4th: Think about what donation amount you can make (above the mandatory insurance coverage)
4th: Take a mandatory one hour cob kitchen orientation at least 1 week in advance of your booking
5th: Provide a donation and insurance coverage on the day of your training
1. The applicant or at least one member of the group who will be in attendance during the event must be trained on the proper use of an outdoor oven. Bookings are only confirmed once all the steps are completed.
2. Where food will be served and/or sold to members of the public, the applicant must meet all safe food preparation and handling requirements set out by Vancouver Island Regional Health.
3. The Cob Kitchen rental does not come with the picnic tables beside it; these are available on a first come first served.
4. Large private events or public events must achieve a permit from the City of Duncan
5. The Cob Kitchen's closure is subject to forestry fire ban declarations made by the City of Duncan's Fire Department.
Park Hours: Dawn to Dusk
Rental Rates Contact
Non Profit Community Groups/ Individuals
By Donation (additional insurance costs may apply see Insurance for more information).
By Donation (additional insurance costs may apply see Insurance for more information)
Minimum 100.00, depends on size (additional insurance costs may apply see Insurance for more information)
For bookings and information
Contact Joy by email.
Cowichan Community Kitchens
250-748-2242 ext 134 (note: we pick up phone messages once a week)