Who can book this outdoor kitchen?
The Cob Kitchen can be used by individuals for family use, community organizations who wish to host an event or program as well as businesses.
What steps do I need to take?
First: Book Your Dates using our online calendar.
Second: Complete and submit an Application Form
(Third: Complete a Vancouver Island Health Authority Event Form if you are selling or giving away food to the public.)
Fourth: Select your Insurance category and donation amount
Fifth: Take a one hour cob kitchen orientation in advance of your booking
1. The applicant or at least one member of the group who will be in attendance during the event must be trained on the proper use of an outdoor oven. Bookings are only confirmed once all the steps are completed.
2. Where food will be served and/or sold to members of the public, the applicant must meet all safe food preparation and handling requirements set out by Vancouver Island Regional Health.
3. The Cob Kitchen rental does not come with the picnic tables beside it; these are available on a first come first served.
4. Large private events or public events must achieve a permit from the City of Duncan
5. The Cob Kitchen's closure is subject to forestry fire ban declarations made by the City of Duncan's Fire Department.
Permit Season for Park
Year Round 8:00 am to Dusk
Rental Rates Contact
Non Profit Community Groups/ Individuals
By Donation (additional insurance costs may apply see Insurance for more information).
By Donation (additional insurance costs may apply see Insurance for more information)
Minimum 50.00, depends on size (additional insurance costs may apply see Insurance for more information)
Contact Amanda for bookings and
information at 250-597-7708
Cowichan Community Kitchens
250-748-2242 ext 134